Quinton G. Washington, Esq. is one of the founding partners of Washington, Dreyer & Associates. Quinton has represented clients in more than 30 counties throughout Georgia, and he’s proud to continue helping people throughout the Peach State. Additionally, his experience as a former judge and a current City Attorney allows him to integrate many areas of legal expertise to benefit all individual, municipal and business clients. Quinton has also been acknowledged for his professional achievement and peer recognition as a long standing 2018-2023 Atlanta Super Lawyer.
Quinton is a native of Warner Robins, Georgia. He went to Florida A&M University in Tallahassee, Florida, on a full scholarship, where he graduated with honors in Public Management. After which, he won the Woodrow Wilson Public Policy and International Affairs Fellowship, along with the prestigious Harry S. Truman Fellowship.
His next step was to attend Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he earned his master’s degree in public policy. He also worked with the late Judge A. Leon Higginbotham, who was a pioneer in the progressive interpretation of constitutional law.
Quinton went to law school at Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia, where he became a member of the Black Law Student Association, the Lamar Inn of Court, and the Moot Court Society. He worked with some of the country’s top corporations and law firms, further honing his skills by working with the top legal minds in the country. Quinton was also fortunate enough to have an externship with Justice Robert Benham, former Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court.
In 2016, he was appointed to the Magistrate Court of Fulton County as a judge. Three years later, he stepped down to join Washington, Dreyer & Associates as a full-time attorney.
He works in a wide variety of legal fields, including DUI representation, uncontested divorces, child support matters, and multi-state family law litigation. When it comes to criminal defense matters, Quinton was one of 50 attorneys chosen to participate in the Bill Daniels Criminal Defense Institute. He has also been quoted by the Atlanta Journal and Constitution and has earned an “excellent” rating by the Attorney Search Network.
Quinton is certified to administer the NHTSA field sobriety test. With his specialized knowledge, he has successfully argued for “not guilty” verdicts across Georgia. He also represents families in matters such as probate issues, estates, trusts, and wills. He has represented clients appearing anywhere from local municipal courts all the way to the Georgia Supreme Court.
Connect via LinkedIn
- Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida, B.D., 1997
- Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, Cambridge, Massachusetts, M.D., 1999
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, J.D., 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Northern District of Georgia (Federal Court)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Gate City Bar Association
- Hall County Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Named a Georgia SuperLawyer, 2018-2023
- Named to Top 100 GA Lawyers by Georgia Superlawyers
- Named as a member of Georgia Trend Legal Elite 2018-2022
- Named Magistrate Court Judge in Fulton County, 2016-2019
- Nominated for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2016
- Named as Georgia Rising Star Attorney, 2013 & 2015
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers, 2013-2014
- Georgia Rising Star Attorney, 2012-2103
- Formerly named to the National Bar Association’s Top 40 Attorneys Under 40, 2011
- Chosen for Leadership Buckhead Class, 2009
- Selected as an Outstanding Atlantan, 2008
- Chosen for Leadership Georgia Class, 2007
Family Law Continuing Legal Education (CLE) on bankruptcy
- Coached basketball for Greater Travelers Rest (House of Hope) for almost a decade. Had championship winning teams.
- American Constitution Society Board of Directors
- Member Jack and Jill of Atlanta
- Member of EO Entrepreneurs of Atlanta
- Member of Leadership Georgia Class of 2007
- Member Leadership Buckhead
- Former member Grant Park Conservancy Board
- Member of Gate City Bar Association
- Member Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
- State Bar Member
- Member Greater Travelers Rest Baptist Church (House of Hope Atlanta)
- Member FAMU Alumni Association